Wow, who loves pulled pork? If you said YES, then you are going to love this slow cooker recipe. No meat browning, no marinading, just throw it all in together and forget for 8-10 hours 🤗 Now, that’s my kind of cooking!
This spiced pulled pork has just a hint of BBQ about it, which is great for my husband who doesn’t really like the sweetness of BBQ sauce too much. However, if you do, then just add more BBQ sauce while reducing the cooking liquid.
This is great used in sliders, stiffed into flat breads with salad and slaw or as the main star of the plate with wedges, onion rings and slaw. IT would even be amazing on hot dogs or on top of a regular burger, just to add a special touch!
When cooked, it can be kept in the fridge up to 5 days (re-heat thoughly) or frozen in batches for up to 3 months. Freeze in different size portions, for all of the above ideas.
Slow Cooked Spiced Pulled Pork
A spicy, versatile Pulled Pork, that will be great as the star of the meal or added to burgers or hotdogs for an extra touch of special.
- 2-3kg Shoulder of pork
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 200ml sweet cider
- 150ml BBQ sauce (use less or more, adjust to your taste)
- Mix all the spices together and rub all over the pork shoulder, then add to the pot.
- Add the liquid, place on the lid and cook on low for 8-10 hours (depending on your slowcooker, check after 8, the meat should fall apart).
- Remove from pot and cover to keep warm. Pour the liquid into a pan, add the BBQ sauce and reduce until thickened and delicious.
- Take 2 forks and shred the meat. Spoon over the sauce and serve.