Hi everyone, today’s post is about the awesome BEEF BURGER! This burger is loaded with Blue Cheese and a quick home make Onion Marmalade! Add some red cabbage slaw and oven baked fries on the side and you can’t loose 😉.
Home made burgers and quick and simple to make, you have to wonder why super markets sell them, let alone why we buy them.
In their simplest form, just take the minced beef, shape into a burger, season with salt and pepper and fry.
The common mistake we make (I too made them this way for years), is to mix anything from bread crumbs, egg and onion in with the meat before cooking. PLEASE DONT DO THIS! It really changes the texture and flavour of the meat, especially onion. It makes the meat almost boil instead of fry.
KEEP THE BURGER SIMPLE………….
Season the burger however you like on the outside, go to town with the toppings, but leave the meat as meat. Also, don’t mush up the meat, just take it and form into shape.
Over the years, I have topped my burgers with more things than I care to remember. Some of my favs are pulled pork, mushroom & cheese and even crispy uck with onion and cucumber shreds with plum sauce, yes, you read it right, crispy duck (pancake) on top of a burger – tastes Devine! 😍.
Today however, is my Blue Cheese with Quick Onion Marmalade, lets do it.
Loaded Burgers with Blue Cheese & Onion Marmalade
This burger is just oozing with personality! .
- 500g minced beef
- 80g blue cheese, I used Gorgonzola (20g per burger)
- 4 large onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light muscovado sugar
- oil for frying, salt & pepper
- Divide the mince in to 4 125g balls, shape into burgers, season with salt & pepper.
- Slice the onions and fry intil they start to brown. Add the balsamic and sugar and cook over a medium high heat until sticky and jammy.
- Fry the burgers, add the cheese while cooking the second side top with onion.
Thanks for reading and leave me a comment if you give this a try 😊