This Smokey flavourful fish pie is the perfect fish dish for Good Friday.
This can be made a day in advance or frozen for up to 3 months. Perfect for a busy Easter weekend, so if you can get ahead and save yourself the time and stress, I’m all in!.
Just serve with some veg of your choosing, I used Minted Peas, Green Beans & long stem broccoli.
Smoky Fish Pie
This Fish Pie is perfect for a Good Friday or any day!
- 300g Smoked Haddock
- 300g Cod
- 300g Salmon
- 1 large leek, finely sliced
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 50G Butter
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 pint milk
- salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1 Kg potatoes, pealed and diced
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 20g butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
- Heat the oven to 180C /360F. Put the peeled and diced potatoes in salted water and simmer for 20-30 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce-melt the butter in a pan, remove from the heat and add the flour and mix to a paste. Slowly add the milk a little at a time, mixing thoroughly to ensure there are no lumps. Return to the heat and cook until nearly boiling and the sauce has thickened. Add the Dijon mustard, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 5-10 minutes to cook out the flour.
- In a pan, fry the leek in butter until tender. Note: If making ahead, allow everything to cool before step 4 and end on step 5
- Diced the fish into large chunks and add to the leeks along with the sauce, mix gently. Put into an ovenproof dish.
- Drain and mash the potatoes with the butter and cream. Top the fish with the potato.
- Sprinkle on the bread crumbs and cheese. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until bubbling and golden brown.
Thanks for reading and let me know if you give it a try.