Hi guys, I have a super healthy turkey chilli for you this week. I’m alway looking for ways to make my meals as healthy as possible and this one definitely delivers! This healthy chilli is packed full of lean protein and double beans for fibre (let’s face it, getting your 25g a day can be difficult).
I was given this recipe many years ago by a good friend of mine, Jo and if you are reading, this is for you 😉. This is now a staple in our house and we easily have it once a fortnight!
Whether you have it as featured here with rice or stuff it into burritos, or taco’s or even over tortilla chips with a good helping of cheese, this healthy chilli won’t disappoint.
Super Healthy Turkey Chilli
A super healthy & easy lean Turkey chilli that is versatile and full of flavour.
- 500g turkey mince (ground turkey)
- 100g smoked back bacon, fat removed and diced
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 400g tin red kidney beans, drained
- 400g tin of baked beans in tomato sauce
- 1 large or 2 medium onions, diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon chilli powder, hot, medium or mild – you decide
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons coco powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcester sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 pint chicken stock
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Add 1/2 the oil to a large frying pan or skillet. Add the onion, garlic and bacon and fry until onion is browned and bacon is crispy. Remove the onion & bacon from the pan and ser aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and fry the turkey mince until cooked and slightly browned. Add the onion and bacon back to the pan. Add in the chilli powder, smoked paprika and coco powder and mix thoroughly.
- Add the tomatoes, baked beans, stock, Worcester sauce and soy sauce, mix thoroughly and bring to the boil and turn down to a simmer.
- Finally, add in the drained kidney beans and allow to simmer for 30 minutes until the sauce has thickened and flavour intensified. Check for seasoning and add salt & pepper if needed.
So, what will you use your chilli for?
Thanks for reading and please do let me know if you give it a go.